At A Glance
- Taking on the challenge of Mount Kilimanjaro’s Machame Trail
- Exploring the lesser known, hugely rewarding Katavi National Park for big hitting wildlife
- Expedition to the remote, untouched rainforest paradise of Lake Tanganyika
- Trek to see chimpanzee in the wild
- Spice island Zanzibar for a barefoot finale
The Safari Briefing
Experienced by Louise & Jamie. Our guests were very specific about the type of experience they wanted in Africa – challenges, adventure, touches of luxury and truly remote wilderness with rewarding safari experiences. First the challenge and both wanted to conquer Mount Kilimanjaro. We recommended (and they successfully summit) the Machame Route before returning down the mountain for a recovery night. After this, it was a fly-in safari so we could get our guests into remote wilderness areas of Katavi, famous for its abundant wildlife including huge buffalo and elephant herds and quintessential sunsets savoured with gin and tonic in hand. From here, guests were flown into Lake Tanganyika and caught the boat over to one of our favourite properties, Greystoke Mahale. Chimpanzee trekking, canoeing and more before flying to spice island Zanzibar for time out on the beach.